Waupaca is a town in Waupaca County, Wisconsin, covering a total area of around 30 square miles. A large portion of the city of Waupaca lies within the town of Waupaca, although the city is politically independent of the town. The city serves as the county seat of Waupaca County, and is divided into three sections: natural areas, industrial areas, and city areas.
Said to be named in honor of Chief Waupaca of the Potowatomi tribe, the Waupaca area was once home to Native American mound builders prior to European settlement in the mid-19th century. The city was settled in 1849 and officially incorporated as a village in 1857 by the Wisconsin State Legislature. It was eventually incorporated as a city in 1875.
Today, Waupaca is a town with plenty to offer – a family-friendly environment, ton of fun recreational activities, exciting events, fantastic cultural destinations, and a whole lot more.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Real estate, property types, and homes for sale in Waupaca, WI
Real estate options in Waupaca typically consist of single-family residences, although condos and apartments are available as well. There are also plenty of vacant lot and land available for those who’d like to build their very own custom home.
Buyers have an extensive range of homes to choose from in Waupaca, as properties for sale are available in a wide variety of sizes, architectural styles, and floor plans. Whether you’re in the market for a comfortable 2-bedroom condo, a gorgeous ranch-style home, or a luxurious waterfront property with breathtaking panoramic views, you’ll be able to find a home that will fit your lifestyle perfectly.
Living in Waupaca, WI
- Open since 1978, The Wheelhouse is a Chain O’ Lakes fixture, treating diners to delicious dishes made with fresh, quality ingredients. The restaurant is famous for their sandwiches and pizza, along with daily specials such as “Pasta Night” and the popular “Pizza Buffet.”
- Head to Clear Water Harbor restaurant and bar to enjoy delicious food, live music performances, and relaxing panoramic views of Lake Taylor. The venue also provides private and public boat cruises for those who’d like to explore the Chain O’ Lakes.
- The Waupaca River Ridge Trail is perfect for residents looking for a fun outdoor adventure. The trail passes through several city parks as well as canoe access points, and is open to hikers and bikers.
- According to niche.com, some of the best public elementary schools in Waupaca County are Waupaca Learning Center Elementary School, Iola-Scandinavia Elementary School, and Fremont Elementary School.
- The Waupaca Country Club is one of the most picturesque golf courses in the region, with fairways and greens winding along throughout the Waupaca River and the scenic Chain O’ Lakes area. Rated as one of the best 9-hole courses in the country, the course features bentgrass tees and fairways surrounded by centuries-old oaks and pine trees, providing golfers with a relaxing playing experience.
- The Foxfire Golf Club at the prestigious Par 4 Resort features an 18-hole bent grass golf course with a seamless blend of gorgeous Midwestern courses and traditional Scottish links. This picturesque championship course is a terrific choice for players looking for a challenging round of golf, where masterful course design meets stunning natural beauty.
Ready to start the search for your dream home in the town of Waupaca? Get in touch with Shambeau & Thern Real Estate at 715-258-9900, or send us a message here.